Monday 11 June 2012

THE WORLD TODAY


The World Today

I started to write a blog then wiped it all out as rubbish. Like so much in the world today. Now I am starting again and will probably scrub this lot after a short while.
First I should like to know why we have such a large number of politicians. I remember someone saying that when God create the world (So it’s all his fault!) , he asked a small committee of men to design a horse and they came up with the camel. So he did the design himself. So I ask myself, should we not get rid of eighty per-cent of Parliament, well to start with, we can consider the situation about the remaining twenty per-cent later. And the same goes for the House of Lords. Personally I would keep the Lords to a select hereditary ones, non of this coming from the House of Commons  – if the Commons have no further use for them then they should go out to pasture!
The next thing is this business of Conservatives – Labour – Coalition etc. WHY. If you’ve been elected to govern then give your opinion and vote for what you believe is best for the country. SOD the party they are a bigoted lot, I am concerned about the country.
Now the money we pay in Taxes, wow that’s a biggy. Still we have to pay them in order to have a well-run country. But that’s my first worry; having given my money – our money to have a well-run country – then told we have to borrow as it isn’t enough – why do we give it to other countries. Don’t tell me it is to help good relations, I don’t agree. I shall blog on Taxes another day!
Why do we have our armed forces patrolling the world. It made sense when we had an Empire. They sent us goods and money, and we kept them as subjects. You don’t know what a subject country is – well look it up. BUT WE HAVEN’T GOT AN EMPIRE, bring them home to look after us and not spill there blood on foreign shore.
But we need to control drugs and terrorists – good idea, but in Great Britain. In Afghanistan the poppy production is up. We are often shown our troops patrolling through the poppy fields. Actually if not channelled through the drug trade we could use more of it for medicine. – look it up. The terrorists train how to place IED’s on dusty terrain then come to lush green Great Britain! Read my blog of the 10th March2010.
I keep hearing how badly we are doing in trade and finance. I don’t deny there are serious problems, but I also hear Great Britain is becoming a safe haven for investing your money. Foreign investment in the car industry – whisky – e-commerce – and other is steadily rising. We sell more armaments to the world than anybody else apart from America, bit of a worry that,  but then if you can turn an honest buck why not, they don’t have to pull the trigger!
So I’ve got rid of most of the politicians – kept our money in Great Britain – brought our armed services back home – said it’s Great Britain, and will expand another day on all subjects and more. Kindest regards to the World - Patrick

No comments:

Post a Comment