Friday 5 March 2010

So I have to start somewhere

I suppose my profile should give an indication of what I shall write about, but it doesn't. To start with writing is not just a hobby but where I spend most of my time, writing books and short stories. But enough of that for the moment. I spend my time between two countries - England and Spain. Well Spain is a bit misleading, I live for most of the time on Tenerife - Canary Islands, which is about the same distance from Southern Spain as Southern Spain is from England. So I live in the land of eternal Spring, been raining a lot recently, maybe that's what they call Spring. So let's pick a subject; how about bee-keeping. I kept bees once upon a time, and I shall never know why. They sting you, and when they do and you are near the hive they give off a smell that makes all the other bees want to sting you. So you get stung hundreds of times all at once. I don't react much to bee stings but you should see me run from the apiary, down across the paddocks and into the farmhouse slamming the door behind me. Went to a lesson on beekeeping to improve my knowledge! We looked into some hives which the instructor said were a bit hot! They were very hot so we left then alone and went to the lecture hut,then time to leave and my wife and I started to put on our gloves nets etc as everybody else just filed out. 'Why are you doing that enquired one student'? 'Because' was the answer so she did the same. Then we went outside, WOW! can some people run fast when chased by angry bees. 'Now I understand,' said our companion as we watched the chaos outside! Here ends the first blog

1 comment: