Monday 28 April 2014

Funny thing the Heart


Funny thing I thought no one really looked at my blogs – I just enjoyed writing them.  In answer to those who read them in the past and wondered why I stopped!                            Health was the reason and I have now sold my villa in Spain and no longer spend time traveling to and fro – back and forth, from my home in England. I have done little to correct my health problem – well the consultant said they needed to change some tubes and valves in my heart. I’m a coward and declined his offer, and the odds he gave were not the sort I fancied!  So I decided to settle for a much quieter life and now I fancy blogging again.

Now before I get political or heavy (you can read some of my old blogs if you like) I have decided to try and be light hearted – now there’s a daft comment.  It’s still wet today, and the birds are still looking. The only ones who don’t keep looking are the Goldfinches, we have a couple who arrive settle on their special containers  -  eat as much as possible and disappear for the day. The Doves , Pigeons and Jackdaws just keep hanging around all day. And those starlings, what a crowd, we call them spivs, shows how old I am using terms of the 50’s and 60’s. The Blue Tits come in quietly and take what they fancy, nice people (birds) Blue Tits, very polite and wait for a quiet moment before going onto the tubes and tables.

Same news as usual, do people really love killing each other – the politicians are itching to start a war, why I can’t understand – but then they don’t usually go and do the fighting – just say how sorry they are that somebody is killed or maimed. Pity they can’t be made to lead from the front line – some hope! Getting a bit heavy am I.

I planted an orchard a few weeks ago, if you looked at my garden you would ask where – there isn’t enough room for a table tennis table. But I saw this advert –two apple trees, one pear, a cherry and a plum. All they needed was a large pot each and guaranteed not to grow more than six feet!!! So I thought why not. Five sticks arrived with roots and in tiny travelling pots looking very health, they were soon planted, and that was about five weeks ago. What an idiot you may be thinking – however all are now in leaf and judging by the blossom on the apples and we shall be picking some fruit this autumn - heart permitting. My neighbour muttered something about scrumping, he must be as old as me – nobody goes scrumping anymore –fruit comes from the supermarket in plastic bags.

Joined a Helicopter Club a few weeks ago and go for a flight once a fortnight – another of my flights of fancy. No these helicopters are radio controlled and will fit on the palm of my hand but they can be recommended to anybody who wants to have some fun. – What else?  Well you will have to wait for my next blog.

Regards to all    Patrick



No comments:

Post a Comment