Sunday 27 April 2014

The Early Birds


It’s wet today, not actually raining just looking as if it might. The birds get annoyed with me – yes definitely with me as I feed them a lot of bird seed etc; If it’s wet then I don’t put out so much as it gets damp and they don’t like damp food – so it seems it’s my fault and they peer in through the windows and look at me in a very annoyed way. First it seems I should sort out the weather and then put out more food.
It reminds me of a time when I was responsible for making sure everything on the estate where I lived was kept in order. One of my fellow residents wrote to complain that the waves on the coastal path outside her villa were very noisy and could I do something about it. I declined to go and have a serious talk with the sea and put the matter to one side.
The problem with the birds and the damp/rain is that they know which room I sleep in and first thing in the morning arrive to fix their eyes on me as I lie in bed. Eventually I get up and place a bit of seed on their table and in the hanging tubes. Promptly they leave the terrace area which is the first place I go to and fly round to the front of the house and look at the empty table etc there. Again the routine of looking through the windows continues and I have to put some food at the front of the house ….then they fly off!          Actually they go off and find their friends and then they all return and clear everything in next to no time and go back to looking at me              or is it just that I have a guilty feeling.
I thought I would just tell you about this as it seems much more important than the news I had been watching from my bed. Now that is a load of rubbish and I wonder why I watch it – I tell my wife how to solve all the problems they have – but nobody listens to me.
The birds on the other hand have faith in me it just takes a little bit of concentrated looking!
I will try and a be a bit more serious next time I blog, but I thought this was an easy way to get started again.

No comments:

Post a Comment