Tuesday 29 April 2014

URL's and all that


I didn’t think I would get round to blogging today – one of those days when you plan all sorts of things and then get snowed under with trying to sort out one particular problem. Now I use Google Adwords for some of my advertising – or rather I did then a couple of years ago I seemed to lose track of what I had to do making up the advert layout – so I stopped – well I had other things to think about.

But I have got back into several things that have lain neglected and last weekend decided I should get on top of it. Several helpful young ladies at Google AdWords also got involved and so I moved back into the world of Google Adwords for my sins. Now you will notice I said young ladies – I presumed they are young as they seemed to understand what they were talking about – I didn’t. As someone who is in their late seventies the world of URL’s Display or Destination is one I am still trying to understand – maybe tomorrow I will get there – maybe! So it’s late afternoon here in Northants and it’s time I gave that one a rest
.
Went to look at the house my daughter has just bought and looked with amazement at the amount of work she is taking on. I suppose I should look back to when I was younger and bought a 17th century farmhouse which had one cold tap in the house, and one bucket in a shed/hut in the garden.  The builder who worked with me never did understand why I ended up with five toilets but I don’t like to be caught short, and so the sanitation I installed was needed. The only question I asked about to my daughter on the work she was contemplating was ‘Is there going to be a toilet downstairs’

Soon be summer! Well that’s what I am hoping, too much of this damp weather is not much fun. The birds are still blaming me. We have Red Kites here in Northants, never used to, they seem to have settled here a few years ago and now you see them every day, at least they haven’t got round to blaming me for the wet weather.  I often wonder if anybody else has unusual wildlife in their area – not just in England where I live but on a worldwide basis. Always happy to receive comments at the end of my blogs.

Think I’ll wrap up for the day, possibly miss out tomorrow and try and solve the mysteries of URL’s
Regards to all Patrick

No comments:

Post a Comment